Thursday, April 17, 2014

To Victoria Falls I Go!

Tomorrow I head off to a quick weekend trip to Livingstone, Zambia, better known as the city on the Zambian side of Victoria Falls. I'm super excited about this chance to get out of Lusaka and just enjoy myself fully. It should be a good trip, because any time you get to see a natural wonder of the world it's good. PLUS, I've been told the weather will cooperate (sunny and 80s), and since the rainy season ended recently, the Falls should be close to their peak flow. Thank you, Easter, for falling at such a great time for my vacation this year!

I actually hope I can go. When the travel agency booked my ticket, they flubbed the order of my names. I asked them about it, but they keep assuring me it'll be OK. Side Note: Oddly enough, I went to take money out of the ATM today, and the ATM also reversed the order of my first and last name, even though it appears in the correct order on my card. Very. Strange. In addition, I'm taking a relatively new airline. Back in the beginning of March, an airline called Mahogany Air was launched. If I had any doubt about it, my booking code consists of mostly As and Bs. The airline is planned to be a tourist commuter jet around Zambia, and eventually into neighboring countries. I'm imagining Mahognay Air will be a step up from ZanAir and US Airways, but just below Albanian Airlines (yes, I've flown both ZanAir and Albanian Airlines, as well as US Airways...reluctantly). That's my guess at least. I'll be sure to report back.

Anyway, with the need to get my things together, I don't have time to write more about how I didn't really do anything this week, but I feel like this trip more than makes up for that. I'm enamored by these videos because they're not only fun to hear but also fun to watch with all the colors and all. Plus, Pirates of the Caribbean has a really good score.

No comments:

Post a Comment